You have taken the next step toward better health.
Wearing Your Prescription Orthotics
Your new Footmaxx orthotics were specifically designed for you. To obtain the maximum benefits from your orthotics, you should follow the following break-in guidelines.
- Remove your shoes’ original insoles before inserting your new orthotics.
- On the first day you receive your Footmaxx prescription orthotics, wear them for only one hour. Even if they immediately feel comfortable, stop wearing them. On the second day, wear them for two hours. If you find them uncomfortable before two hours, stop wearing them.
Increase the amount of time you wear them each day until you can wear them comfortably all the time. It may take some time for your feet and body to adjust, but this process is worth doing slowly.
- Some people may initially experience slight discomfort in the lower back, hips, or knees when they wear their Footmaxx prescription orthotics. If this happens, reduce the length of time and increase it again later.
- Bring your orthotics with you when shopping for new shoes to ensure a comfortable fit.
- If your orthotics squeak, remove them from your footwear. Sprinkle a small amount of talcum powder on the bottom of the orthotics. This should resolve the issue.
- Do not expose to extreme heat or direct sunlight.
- Do not expose to wet environments. Let orthotics dry naturally at room temperature if they get wet.
- Dab with a cloth dampened in soapy water.
- To avoid damaging materials, gently wipe the orthotics free of any debris/stains.
- Let dry naturally at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the warranty for my Footmaxx orthotics?
- Please discuss your orthotics’ warranty with your healthcare provider.
What happens if my orthotics require an adjustment or repair?
- Please return your orthotics to your healthcare practitioner to assess them and, if necessary, they will send them back to Footmaxx for modification.
Download PDF of care instructions.